Dear Brothers and Sisters,
The Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters is conducting a bannering campaign against ALDI Corporation.
General contractors hired by ALDI are hiring carpentry subcontractors who pay their construction workers LESS THAN area standard wages. Very few contractors supply health insurance or retirement plans to their employees.
So there’s that… but there’s also this to consider when your’re shopping at an ALDI store.
- In 2017, ALDI sold salmon, snow crab and other seafood processed in China by North Korean slave labor – https://www.apnews.com/8b493b7df6e147e98d19f3abb5ca090a
- In 2017, ALDI recalled its house brand of Fit & Active ground turkey after metal shavings were found in it – http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2017/10/aldi-publix-weis-ground-turkey-recalled-after-metal-bits-found/#.Weem81tSyUk
- In 2013, ALDI admitted some of its ground meat products contained 100% horsemeat – https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/feb/09/aldi-100-percent-horsemeat-beef-products
Is this somewhere you want to shop?
We encourage you not spend your hard-earned money at ALDI stores and to share with your friends, family and neighbors about the business practices of ALDI and its construction contractors.
We urge you to call, write, post, tweet at or share with ALDI at:
- ALDI Corporate Social Responsibility Department Phone: 630=879-8100
- Call or write ALDI District office at:
- Northern & Central New York – 300 State Route 281, Tully, NY 13159; Phone: (315) 696-8313
- Southeast New York – 295 Rye Street, South Windsor, CT 06074; Phone: (860) 290-2900
- New Jersey & Pennsylvania – 2700 Saucon Valley Road, #1, Center Valley, PA 18034; Phone: (610) 798-9200
- Delaware & Maryland – 8751 Gas House Pike, Frederick, MD 21701; Phone (301) 360-9915
- Internet: https://www.aldi.us/en/contact/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ALDI.USA/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AldiUSA. Use #AldiDoesntCare
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aldiusa/
Visit www.northeastcarpenters.org/aldi for more information